Tuesday, June 20, 2017

IC Friendly Organic Cereals

Hello fellow ICers!  Welcome to my blog!  If this is your first time here, make sure to take a look at all of my past posts for recipes and other tips and information at the side bar for helpful links! 😊

Before I started suffering from IC and became diagnosed (both in 2008), I was a HUGE cereal girl.  It wasn't just for breakfast and I used to have at least 6 different kinds constantly in my cupboard at university.  I was obsessed.  When I found out I could no longer eat ANY of my favourite cereals, I was devastated.  Anyhow, it has taken years and a lot of shopping and searching but I have found all of these cereals to be very IC friendly.  All of them are great with some fresh organic blueberries on top.  I only use lactose free milk and generally it's skim but sometimes I can get away with 1%.  Let me know what you think! 😊

Nature's Path Honey'd Corn Flakes




















Ingredients:  Organic corn meal and/or Organic yellow corn flour, Organic granulated sugar cane juice, Organic honey, Sea salt.



>> For this cereal, I take 5-6 Prelief

Nature's Path Crispy Rice



















Ingredients:  Organic brown rice flour, Organic granulated sugar cane juice, Seat salt, Organic molasses

>> For this cereal, I take 5-7 Prelief

Nature's Path Rice Puffs




















Ingredient:  Organic brown rice

>> For this cereal, I take 0-2 Prelief

Kashi Organic Promise Simply Maize























Ingredients:  Organic whole grain corn, Organic dried cane syrup, Salt, Organic molasses

>> For this cereal, I take 8-10 Prelief

PC Organics Crunchy Corn





















Ingredients:  Organic cornmeal, Organic evaporated sugar cane juice, Sea salt

>> For this cereal, I take 5 Prelief



PC Organics Wheat Squares





















Ingredients:  Organic whole grain whole wheat flour, Organic brown sugar, Organic barley malt extract, Sea salt

>> For this cereal, I take 5-7 Prelief

365 Everyday Value Organic Frosted Flakes

Ingredients:  Organic milled corn, Organic cane sugar, Sea salt

>> For this cereal, I take 5-8 Prelief


Ingredients:  Organic whole wheat, Organic wheat bran, Organic cane sugar, Organic barley malt extract, Sea salt

>> For this cereal, I take 6-8 Prelief


Ingredients:  Organic milled corn, Organic cane sugar, Sea salt

>> I don't eat this version of corn flakes since I like the other one mentioned better (though I have tested it before successfully) but if I were to eat it, I would take 5 Prelief




Ingredient:  Organic whole grain rolled oats

>> For oatmeal I take 0-3 Prelief

If you decide to try any of these cereals for the first time please let me know how it goes in the comments below!  I hope that none of you have trouble with any of them - don't forget to take your Prelief!  And if you haven't tried Prelief yet, that should be the first thing on your list - trust me.
Happy testing everyone!  😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

I promise that my comment is not prejudice, rude, or discouraging.